Denisa Millette, PhD, LPC, CCTP
Licensed Psychotherapist; Psychologist; Professor of Psychology
Dr. Millette is a psychologist, a licensed psychotherapist, and a certified clinical trauma professional whose mission and passion in life is to help children, teens, and adults find a safe path to ultimate emotional wellbeing and recovery. She is also a professor of counseling psychology at Yorkville University, Canada. Dr. Millette has been actively engaged in various fields of psychology, including clinical, forensic, counseling, and sport/performance psychology for over 20 years. She has been conducting psychological evaluations and trauma assessments as well as providing targeted psychotherapy and counseling to clients of all ages in treatment centers as well as private practice since 2001. Dr. Millette's research and doctoral dissertation are focused on emotional intelligence, self-care practices, life satisfaction, and peak performance. Dr. Millette is a member of the American Psychological Association, the American Counseling Association, and the Psi Chi, the International Honor Society in Psychology.
In addition, Dr. Millette has been recognized as an expert witness in child abuse and trauma cases in juvenile and superior courts across GA. Her main focus is on aiding her clients in breaking down the barriers on their road to emotional recovery by using safe, effective, and non-drug treatment strategies.
• Child Behavior Specialist at Oakleigh School for Special Needs Children, London, England
• Diagnostic Assessments and Psychotherapy at Diagnostic Institute for Neglected and Abused Children, Czech Republic
• Diagnostic Assessment and Counseling Services, Czech Republic
• Court Appointed Special Advocate for Children (CASA), Seattle, WA
• Senior Evaluator and Psych Trauma Assessor at a private psychological practice, Atlanta, GA (providing psychological, psycho-educational, psychosexual and trauma evaluation to over 5000 clients, age 2 to 18 for the past 16 years)
• Family Crisis Intervention and Reunification - First Placement, Best Placement, Atlanta, GA and surrounding counties
• Forensic Trauma Expert, GA juvenile and superior courts (providing expert court testimony in criminal and juvenile cases)
• Group Psychotherapy - Instructor/Facilitator of Self-Empowerment Courses for Girls and Women
• Foster Care - trauma assessment, reunification readiness, trauma-informed intervention work with families involved in foster care system