Denisa Millette, PhD, LPC, CCTP
Licensed Psychotherapist & Psychologist
Dr. Millette is a psychologist, a licensed psychotherapist, and a certified clinical trauma professional whose mission and passion in life is to help children, teens, and adults find a safe path to ultimate emotional wellbeing and recovery. Dr. Millette has been conducting psychological evaluations and trauma assessments and providing targeted psychotherapy to clients in a private psychological practice since 2001.
Dr. Millette has been recognized as an expert witness in child abuse and trauma cases in juvenile and superior courts across GA. Her main focus is on aiding her clients in breaking down the barriers on their road to emotional recovery by using safe, effective, and non-drug treatment strategies.
• Child Behavior Specialist at Oakleigh School for Special Needs Children, London, England
• Diagnostic Assessments and Psychotherapy at Diagnostic Institute for Neglected and Abused Children, Czech Republic
• Diagnostic Assessment and Counseling Services, Czech Republic
• Court Appointed Special Advocate for Children (CASA), Seattle, WA
• Senior Evaluator and Psych Trauma Assessor at a private psychological practice, Atlanta, GA (providing psychological, psycho-educational, psychosexual and trauma evaluation to over 5000 clients, age 2 to 18 for the past 16 years)
• Family Crisis Intervention and Reunification - First Placement, Best Placement, Atlanta, GA and surrounding counties
• Forensic Trauma Expert, GA juvenile and superior courts (providing expert court testimony in criminal and juvenile cases)
• Group Psychotherapy - Instructor/Facilitator of Self-Empowerment Courses for Girls and Women
• Foster Care - trauma assessment, reunification readiness, trauma-informed intervention work with families involved in foster care system